This webinar is designed to inform small and medium businesses about the procurement processes currently in place across Queensland, including:
Local Procurement in Queensland: The State of Play for SME’s.
Queensland is currently experiencing significant change. With the recent State and Local Government elections, a strong resource sector and a decentralised economy, many Queensland businesses are finding it hard to get a foot in the door on major projects.
- What is it? How does it work?
- Significance of local procurement in Queensland
- Benefits, challenges and common pitfalls for SME’s in procurement
- Local and State Government policies
- Local, State and Federal Government initiatives for SME’s
- Simplifying the processes for gaining access to opportunities
- Benefits of working with major companies
- Major company corporate policies related to local procurement and supply chains
- Finding opportunities in the private sector
- SME’s currently taking advantage of local opportunities in their communities across Queensland
- International case studies about SME’s involved with supply chains
The webinar will cover the current Local, State and Federal Government policies and how they are influencing the Queensland marketplace. The webinar will also outline how to simplify the tendering process for major projects in the private and public sector, before outlining the industry tools to take advantage of and common pitfalls or traps many businesses fall into during the procurement process.